Saturday, February 6, 2016

Sunday Best Day

 This year our church meeting time was switched to 11 o'clock. I was pleasantly surprised when we found ourselves ready a whole half hour early for church on the first Sunday in January. The kids were looking so cute that day that I gathered them to take a picture, and somehow a new little tradition was born. I am horrible at taking pictures on a daily basis. I'm lazy when it comes to pulling my phone out, so the thought of having a consistent record of their growth with a weekly picture is so awesome to me- especially when they look so nice and clean vs. the diaper/panty only, crazy hair photos that I usually get.
 Their personalities are so funny all the time, but can be especially funny when the camera comes out.














 I really hope I can teach my children how special the sabbath day is. I love that they love going to church. Lorenzo loves Nursery. Ellie has her first talk in Primary this week, and even though she  broke down in tears when they gave her the assignment, now she is feeling really excited about it.

 I heard an analogy that you can think of the sabbath day as light posts on a road in the fog. Even though you can't see the whole picture, you are guided by the light one post at time. We can work our way through the week (and life) being guided by the anchor of light that Sundays can be. It takes work, and planning, and dedication, but I know that reverencing the sabbath brings great blessings.

"And that thou mayest more fully keep thyself unspottedfrom the world, thou shalt go to the house of prayer and offer up thy sacraments upon my holy day; For verily this is a day appointed unto you to rest from your labors, and to pay thy devotions unto the Most High;"
Doctrine and Covenants 59:9-10

No comments :

Post a Comment