Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Christmas Highlights

  This Christmas season has been simple, magical, and filled with the important things. BJ and I traveled to Hawaii the first week and a half of December last year, and although it was wonderful, I couldn't help but feel guilty for how much I had slacked on most things Christmas related. I'm a full-fledged adult now, and have no excuse pass out friend and neighbor gifts and Christmas cards, etc.
I was intentional this Christmas and planned in advance the things I wanted to be sure to do.
We put up our tree and decorations before Thanksgiving so that when we got home from our break we were ready to go. It made me so happy to come home and get right into the swing of Christmas. A  bonus of being intentional- really thinking things out and planning ahead- is that I was able to picture what my ideal Christmas would look like. I wanted it to be calm and stress free, and filled with casual family time.
  The beginning of the month was a little stressful getting all the things done I wanted to, but the last week or so has been calm and slow. We've spent most of our time at home, avoiding crowds and traffic. I've done crafts with the kids, wrapped presents, watched Christmas movies (and Star Wars), baked and delivered treats, and have even gotten a jump start on my New Year's Resolutions!
I love the saying from Abraham Lincoln, "If someone gave me 6 hours to cut down a tree, I would spend the first 4 sharpening my axe." A-men. There is power in preparation. Thinking and planning ahead can make your life into what you want it to be. Have you read the book "Essentialism" yet? It's such a winner. Life-hack right there.
  Lastly, I have to say that my favorite thing about this Christmas season has been the music. The Pandora station Classical Christmas is so lovely. I may just keep listening to it throughout the next year!

No comments :

Post a Comment