Wednesday, January 25, 2017

My Goals for 2017

This year I have a couple goals that I'm working toward. After a few weeks of January, this is what I've felt pulled and prompted to do: make more things with my hands/exercise creativity in my home, have people over to my home more, and LET GO of the way things look, and focus on being present. Love and genuine, thoughtful interaction is more important, more rewarding, more satisfying than making things look a certain way. If I continue to fall for the lie that things will be more gratifying when they look just right I'm going to miss out on the best things life has to offer...namely: sincere, meaningful relationships. I want to invite people over and not spend the whole day cleaning the house to prepare, because they don't care, and because actually being together with the people we love is what we really want and need, not a spotless house. I don't understand why this is such a hang up for me. So my goal is to be open armed. I want not only to share what I have by giving, but invite people into my home to share with me. I think my eyes are going to be opened to the absolute abundance of this beautiful life around me.
"Let there be something of a light tone in your life. Let there be fun and happiness, a sense of humor, the capacity to laugh occasionally at things that are funny. In all of living have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.
Walk with faith, rejoicing in the beauties of nature, in the goodness of those you love, in the testimony which you carry in your heart concerning things divine." -Gordon B. Hinckley

No comments :

Post a Comment