Friday, December 16, 2016

To My Oliver Taft

My precious baby Oliver,

You lay next to me as I type this. It's early in the morning, not even light outside, and its raining. We are cozied up together, both wrapped up in blankets, just like you love to be. My goodness my beautiful baby boy, it is hard to put into words all the feelings I have for you. You have blessed our family with your coming. You are adored by all around you: me, daddy, your brother and sister, aunts and uncles, cousins, grandparents, friends. We all adore you.


You are a beautiful baby. I truly haven't seen many babies with a face as perfect as yours. But your mild manner is what is so heartwarming and unique. You have a gentle, peaceful soul that is noticeable to anyone that spends time with you. I know it sounds funny with you being so tiny still (you are 8 and a half weeks today), but you have this quiet strength about you. You have a maturity and understanding in your eyes that makes me so excited to watch you grow and to see the path you'll walk in this life.


You are precious, Oliver Taft. Thank you for coming to our family. Thank you for the peace and light you bring with you. We are so blessed to have you.

No comments :

Post a Comment